Girlfriends!!! The summer season is coming to a close and so is our Summer Beauty Series!!! This week is all about beauty secrets and I have to be honest I DON’T HAVE ANY!!! **Shame Face** I have struggled with what I was going to talk about this week. I mean I have been googling to see if I could find something to report on, but I got nothing! I told you all in Less Is More that I’m a simple kinda girl. No fluff added, what you see is what you get! Honestly, it’s slightly embarrassing for a 32 year old women, but it’s the real me which I promised to give you all so I digress! I mean yeah sure I can drop a few nuggets that you may already know like:
- Always wear a good body shapper (Spanx being my preference) to give yourself a smoother look in a dress/skirt/jumper or putting on your Sunday’s best
- Use a feminine body spray (Summer’s Eve being my preference) to spray on your under garments to keep it fresh down there, especially on those hot days and if you have thunder thighs like myself lol Hey no shame in my game, you don’t want to get caught slipping, feel me?
- And for those well-endowed up top, put a little deodorant in between and under your breasts to help control sweat and odor. (I just recently learned this trick and it works wonders lol)
- Want clear skin? Drink plenty of water!!! The Girlfriends and I have challenged each other to drink 1 gallon of water a day and it is working wonders for my skin!
- Not able to get a pedicure as often as you’d like? Get you a 4-in-1 pedicure brush from the Target, some foot scrub and go to work honey!!! Then apply some Vaseline to your feet, put on a pair of socks and boom! Soft heels again!!! LOL!
But like I said I’m sure you all already knew that right? So me being me, I wanted to flip this week’s post around a bit and talk about beauty from within. Let’s face it you can have all the beauty secrets in the world, but if your self-esteem is low, your character is flawed and your heart/motives aren’t right, those go right out the window. How many times have you put on a fly outfit, a full face of makeup and a forced smile, yet still felt as though you weren’t pretty or felt as though you still missed the mark. I’ve been there where others told me I was pretty but in my mind I felt like I was too fat and not as cute as the little petite girl next to me. We (blogger included) have to stop that and start loving on ourselves. The Bible says that we were fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). God created us in His own image, therefore regardless of what society views as beautiful or how that voice in your head makes you feel, honey you are beautiful!! Beauty is you!!! Yes you!!!! Say it loud, I’m CUTE and I’m proud!!! LOL!
No but seriously the message I’m trying to push today is to love yourself just the way God made you. Loving yourself doesn’t have to hurt, as I told you in Pretty Hurts, and can be done modestly. I’m not telling you to start being arrogant or thinking too much of yourself, but I am saying that you should portray the beautiful spirit that God intended for you to have even while you were in your mother’s womb. Honestly I know that sometimes it’s hard to find her from within, but trust me she is there! Beauty is knowing who you are and to Whom you belong! Starting today let’s make a pack to not only spend time nurturing and enhancing our outer beauty, but let’s go a step further and take just as much time, no let’s take more time, molding and strengthening the inner you. If we can share beauty secrets to enhance the outer woman, we can also share those to bless the inner as well, right?
“Let not yours be the [merely] external adorning with [elaborate] [a]interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes; But let it be the inward adorning and beauty of the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, which [is not anxious or wrought up, but] is very precious in the sight of God.” 1 Peter 3:3-4 AMP